property clinic: driveway trespass - water absorbent materials

by:Demi     2019-08-22
property clinic: driveway trespass  -  water absorbent materials
With the opening and closing of the offensive gate, my home shared the drive with another house and a cabin with an entrance.
Six months ago, my neighbors installed the electronic door at their own expense, despite my wishes.
These are next to the cottage but can't be seen from both houses.
Because the house is accessible from the ground, they do not provide security.
I found them inconvenient for everyday use and I felt my freedom was violated.
It's also annoying to visit family and friends.
What rights do I have and how can I best explain them to my neighbors in a friendly way?
David Fleming wrote: When you share your drive with your neighbors, it is likely that each of you will have half the drive and have the right of way on the other half.
Your title deed will indicate whether this is the case.
They may also disclose that the document granting way mutual rights expressly authorizes either of you to build the gate, although it is unlikely;
In fact, they may not have mentioned the right of way at all.
If you and the previous owner have been using the drive for 20 years, you will get the right of way through the "prescription.
If the deed does not mention the gate, your neighbor has no right at all to install the gate that runs through half of your driveway.
This is an illegal invasion.
In addition, there is an old case decision that the construction of the gate on his own land is an illegal obstacle to the right of way on that land.
Therefore, you have every right to ask your neighbor to remove the gate.
If you explain that you have accepted the advice and your neighbor is wrong, I hope he will remove the obstacles without any effort.
Remind him that you were opposed to setting the door in the first place.
Waiting for an accident we stayed in a short, private, cobblestone-cul-de-
Sac that caused the well-used footpath.
The road is narrow and there is no sidewalk, so pedestrians share it with occasional vehicles.
Some pebbles are loose and some are lost.
If pedestrians stumble and hurt themselves, who will be responsible?
Is the front of the homeowner the scene of the accident or is it the responsibility of all householders?
The answer depends on who owns the road.
From what you said, I suspect that your road used to be part of the sidewalk and it was paved with pebbles only when the landowner built the house that made up your dead end.
If he is dead, legal ownership of the road may still remain in the hands of the original landowner or his heirs.
If that is the case, I do not believe that any individual householder has any obligation to maintain road repairs in order to take responsibility when anyone is injured due to poor road conditions.
However, if each of you have a part of the road in front of your own house, you are more likely to take responsibility if someone is injured.
The head of household does not assume joint and several liability-
Only head of household (s)
Whose land was the victim injured?
No matter how strict the legal position is, you should make some arrangements for the maintenance of the road, whether it is for your own interests or the interests of others.
If you are going to set up an association, you can restrain yourself and contribute to the necessary repairs.
It is a little harder to ensure that the purchaser is bound, but this can be done: accept counsel's advice.
I'm the fifth renter (top)-floor, purpose-built flat.
During the peak hours, tap water stops every day.
In this case, is it the responsibility of the local water authority to supply tap water to my apartment, or is it the responsibility of the free holder of the building?
Everyone claims that this is the other side.
DF: if the cause of the problem is the lack of electricity pressure, the water company is responsible for it.
But if there are some flaws in the building's own pipe, you have to negotiate with the freedom Holder.
Having said that, in most leases, the free holder does not promise that water or any other utility can be used, just for each apartment
Owners can use pipes, cables, etc. that run through the entire building.
If the problem is caused by the condition of the individual apartment, you may ask the person to put things on the right.
Back to the most important thing, we have three. bedroom, semi-
Independent residence in West London protected area.
It is very difficult to obtain planning permission, and the planning department does notoperative.
We wanted to extend to the back of our property on the first floor, with a room on the first floor, behind the garage on the side of our house on the first floor.
The expansion section is not visible from the front of the property, which will fit the style of the house.
However, our protection department stated that it would not support such an application because the extension was too large.
The policy statement of the protected area states: "The volume, height, location, size and detailed design of the expansion section should be consistent with the features and design of the existing building.
"What is the specific ratio of the expansion we should follow to the original house?
John Winter wrote: There is no national standard for the appropriate size for domestic expansion;
As different regions are so diverse, it is difficult to develop national policies, and appropriate policies for open countries are unlikely to be accepted in urban areas.
Personally, I appreciate that we're not straight.
When I liked the differences between different regions of the country, I got an overall answer.
However, local authorities can develop their own policies on what they believe is appropriate in their autonomous city or in a particular protected area.
Unless your protected area is deprived of the right to development you allow by local authorities, you have the right to build a single protected area
The floor area of the House extends by ten percent.
It is assumed that your House has not been expanded yet;
However, in your case, the 10 per cent allowed is much smaller than the extension you wish to establish.
Your extension does look great and I can understand the concerns of the protection officer.
From the right side could be your 10 per cent to the larger extension you want to build, there may be a size that will meet most of your needs and the protection officer will accept it.
This is a matter of negotiation.
However, you should not be too optimistic about the consent of large expansions or superstructure.
Personally, I think that many protected areas are too tightly controlled, but there are a number of etiquette associations that take the opposite view and put pressure on local authorities to oppose changes allowed.
I bought a house in 1966 and it has been rented out to fully furnished tenants since 1987.
I was told that when I sold the house (
Probably next year)
I will be responsible for the capital gains tax (CGT)
Based on the value and price of 1982.
How can I determine the value of 1982 other than going to a regional valuer?
I asked local Realtors about the prices of similar houses they sold in 1982, but they all said their records would not go back to this step.
Also, I know that CGT is taxed at a higher tax rate currently paid by one person: is this based on the year, the previous years, or the total amount that the tax took place?
Maggie Fleming wrote: First of all, you don't say how you used the property before 1987.
If this is your only or primary residence during that time, you will be entitled to a range of sales exemptions --
Major private residential exemptions for any period of your residence after March 1982, the last three years of property ownership, and the exemption of up to £ 40,000 to allow it to act as residential property.
However, if you do not live in the house as your sole or primary residence, you will be liable to tax the net selling price minus the value of March 1982 (
If greater than cost)
Minus the annual exemption until inflation eased in April 1998 and gradually eased since then.
I suggest you go to the best appraisal companies and Realtors in your area.
Real estate valuations as of March 1982 have become commonplace since CGT was relocated a few years ago, and they should be able to provide that
Maybe you didn't make it clear what you needed?
You should explain that for the purposes of the CGT calculation, you need the valuation for March 1982
Fees are allowed.
Negotiations with regional valuers may be required to agree on the valuation.
The CGT coping rate is the highest rate for a person in the year when the property was sold.
If you are married, giving half of the share of the property to your spouse before you sell may be in your favor in order to use their annual exemption and may reduce the tax rate.
I suggest you consult a tax expert.
I used to live in a modern house, but now I find an idyllic, semi-
The wooden Black and White Cottage is located in an excellent location about 1650 kilometers away.
I will obviously have a full survey before proceeding, but in this age and type of house, what could be the main problem?
David Snell wrote: If you have been living in a modern house and now you are thinking about living in an old house, the first thing you have to do is understand both, while performing the same function on the surface, it is completely different.
Modern houses are built with hollow walls and damp things
Moisture-proof agent that prevents water or moisture from entering the blades inside any wall.
Old buildings built before the mid-term
In the 19 th century, it was often built with high absorbent materials such as stone, soft brick, wood, soil and cob.
They depend on allowing moisture inside the wall to evaporate from the inside and outside surfaces.
Generally, only the thickness of the wall can provide acceptable internal drying conditions.
Interrupt this completely natural and effective process by using modern unnatural and effective methods
Porous materials, including paint, are the source of common problems. Use of cement-
The base mortar used for repositioning may cause the building's weathered surface to break and use sand and cement instead of lime
Rendering based can prevent Wall breathing.
Association for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (020 7377 1644)for advice.
1997 of the cost savings are high and I filled the cavity walls of the house.
The advertisement in this area says you saved the heating fee. I'm all-
There are only two efficient storage radiators.
But when I checked my bill, I found out that I didn't save anything --
In fact, the bill rose slightly.
So is the cavity wall.
Fill in such a good idea?
You were sold a puppy.
Your home is pretty modest, I think, you may even be half
Independent or terraced.
If so, your external walls are quite limited, and most of them are almost certainly occupied by windows.
Windows, doors, and roofs are the main areas of the House's heat dissipation.
If you are planning to spend money on additional insulation, it should target the roof first, possibly including low insulation
Double cost twiceglazing.
Your two storage heaters will turn off to run
Peak charge for night charging and daytime discharge.
The speed of charging and discharging will be largely unaffected by what you do, and any improvement in your comfort level is almost imperceptible.
Ahoy back to the top?
Relatively young after retirement, we were looking for a place with a little bit of land and tried the idea of a small farm and even bought a property with agricultural ties. (
I come from an agricultural family and spent a few years in this industry 40 years ago. )
In the latter case, the rules seem to be applied locally, but do you have any tips or reference points that will help us explore?
Lorna Vestey wrote: The National Small Holdings magazine and its website provide a lot of useful information about a variety of related matters (www.
Small farm. com).
There is also a small-scale magazine, its website www. smallholder. co.
The UK includes a very extensive list of topics covered in past issues, providing valuable information archives.
The "rural" magazine of the National League of farmers is less professional and the article is more general.
If you should consider participating in agricultural leasing, there is a clear summary of the provisions of Act 1995 on the government website www, as well as frequently asked questions. defra. gov. uk (
Search under lease).
Send your property issue to the Property Clinic, Daily Telegraph or email Property @ Telegraph at 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, E14 5DT, London. co.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...