gulf of mexico oil spill: bp sues transocean for $40bn - oil spill kit

by:Demi     2019-09-10
gulf of mexico oil spill: bp sues transocean for $40bn  -  oil spill kit
BP sued Transocean, the owner of the oil rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico last year, for $40 bn (£24. 37bn)in damages.
BP said that the safety system of the Transocean Deepwater Horizon drilling platform has failed.
In addition, BP sued the manufacturer of the blowout preventer on the rig, saying the device failed to stop the huge oil spill after the explosion.
Both lawsuits came on Wednesday's first anniversary of the explosion, which killed 11 workers.
Overnight in April 20, 2010, Transocean's Deepwater Horizon caught fire while drilling for BP.
Over 0. 2 billion gallons in the next few months (
0. 78 billion liters)
Oil in the Gulf of Mexico is flowing out of the well, and hundreds of miles of coastline have been stained in the worst oil spill in recent U. S. history.
BP said in a federal court in New Orleans on Wednesday that,
Transocean and Cameron International, Houston companies that provide spray prevention (BOP)
It should be helped to pay tens of billions of dollars in debt due to the leak, including cleaning
And compensation fees.
BP also wants the court to announce that Mr Cameron caused or contributed to the disaster.
"The Deepwater Horizon BOP is unreasonably dangerous and has and will continue to cause damage, loss, damage and damage to BP (and others)
BP's lawsuit said it was due to the blowout of the Makondo well and the resulting leakage.
Cameron has raised the opposition.
And defend the integrity of its products.
Transocean did not immediately comment on BP's proceedings, but also demanded a court decision on BP, Cameron and others.
BP estimates its liabilities at $40.
But it could face tens of billions of fines and penalties.
Investigators hired by the US government said last month that the design of the blowout preventer was flawed. after the explosion, a drill pipe trapped in the well pipe prevented the blowout preventer from cutting and squeezing.
In a statement to The Associated Press, Cameron noted that Wednesday was the first anniversary of the disaster and the deadline for companies to claim each other.
Investigators hired by the US government also said that the actions of Transocean workers caused the failure of the blowout preventer.
In addition, on January, a committee convened by US President Barack Obama found that BP, Transocean and Harry Burton
Well handled American company
Sealing operations before disaster
Decisions were made to reduce costs and save time, ultimately increasing the risk of accidents.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...